This page does not have a description.
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Source: Jessica Wilson (Entered by Jessica Wilson)
This is the perfect quick dish that highlights the wonderful flavors of spring vegetables. It is very versatile. The ingredients that I have listed are just suggestions and the measurements are all approximate – I rarely measure when making this dish. It can be vegetarian.
Serves: 4 hungry farmers or 6 polite city folk
Step by Step Instructions
- Prepare pasta according to the instructions on the package. To save gas, I like to bring the water to a boil, add the pasta, put the cover on the pot, and turn the stove off. I will set the timer for 10 minutes and make sure to stir the pasta at least twice during the ten minutes. Then I rinse it, sprinkle it with olive oil and serve or set it aside for a few minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for a minute.
- Add all of the vegetables and toss them to coat them with oil. Saute until they are just tender.
- If using shrimp, add it now and saute it for a minute or two with the vegetables until it is white all of the way through. If you want to add other pre-cooked (leftover chicken) meats do it at this time.
- Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and sir it to coat the vegetables.
- Pour part of a glass of white wine into the pan (around 1/2 a glass)and stir to de-glaze the pan. You can also skip this step.
- Add milk to the pan and stir until you have reached a saucy consistency that is to your liking. Add more milk to thin if needed. Stir until it is completely mixed and remove from heat.
- Stir in the fresh herbs and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Comments added by fellow market members.